Supported models: iPhones and iPads with iOS version 10 or higher.
1. You need your Library card number and PIN. If you don’t have a card, you can sign-up for one online at hpl.ca> My HPL> Get a Library Card Online.
2. From the Home screen on your iPad or iPhone, find and tap the App Store icon.
3. Search for Libby, by OverDrive and tap Get to install it (it’s free).
4. Find the Libby app on your Home screen and tap it to open it.
5. When the app opens, it will ask if you have a Library card. Confirm that you do by choosing Yes.
6. Search for and select Hamilton Public Library.
7. On the following screen, choose Enter Library Account Details.
8. Enter your Library barcode with no spaces. It is found on the back of your Library card or in the email you received if you signed-up for your Library card online. After you enter the number, choose Next.
9. Enter your PIN and then tap Next again. Now you are ready to browse and borrow.
See the article Getting Started with the Libby App on the OverDrive help site for more help.
Find more information about eBooks on the OverDrive Help page.
last updated 09/05/2023