Effective Wednesday February 17, all HPL branches are open for limited services including holds pick-up, computer access and use of printing, photocopying, scanning services. New branch hours are Tuesday - Friday 10AM-6PM and Saturday 11AM-5PM. (Locke branch is not offering computer services at this time. WiFi is available.)
In-branch service updates include:
- All visitors are required to have a library card to ensure accurate contact tracing.
- Hamilton’s mask bylaw: Members visiting a branch are requested to wear masks or face shields. HPL will provide a free mask for members needing one. Staff wear PPE.
- Members and staff are expected to practice physical distancing.
- Increased cleaning and sanitizing protocols are in place. Hand sanitizer is available for members and staff.
- Each facility has reduced maximum capacity.
- In-branch furniture and computers are spaced to accommodate distancing and protection, including plexiglass barriers at staff service desks.
- Returned items are quarantined for 72 hours.
- In-person programs or events are not yet available.
- Fax and Makerspace equipment (except Sound and Video studios) are offered at Central Library. Makerspace Takeout and 3D Printing is also available.
- Members needing additional help should call 905.546.3200, email AskHPL@hpl.ca or chat with staff at hpl.ca.
Please return items to book drops. All library materials are quarantined for 72 hours before being checked in, so it may take a few days for the update to be reflected on your account.
Please note due to COVID-19 restrictions and physical distancing protocols, in-person tutoring is not permitted in HPL branches. As the City of Hamilton is currently under the Red Zone Control Category, only virtual tutoring is allowed at this time.
HPL’s virtual branch is always open. Visit hpl.ca for online resources and programs, including Storytimes, author readings, book clubs, crafts, tech classes and more.
Reach library staff by phone 905.546.3200. For the latest library service updates and resources, visit our website.