Supported models: Devices with Android version 4.4 or newer (Common manufacturers include Google, Samsung, Motorola, Huawei, Asus, Amazon Fire).
1. You need your Library card number and PIN. If you don’t have a Library card, you can sign-up for one online at hpl.ca> My HPL> Get a Library Card Online.
2. From the Home screen on your phone or tablet, find and tap the Play Store app.
3. Search for Libby, by OverDrive and tap Get to install it (it’s free).
4. Find the Libby app on your Home screen and tap it to open it.
5. When the app opens, i asks if you have a Library card. Confirm that you do by choosing Yes.
6. Search for and select Hamilton Public Library.
7. On the following screen, choose Enter Library Account Details.
8. Enter your Library barcode with no spaces. It is on the back of your Library card or in the email you received if you signed-up for your Library card online. After you enter the number, choose Next.
9. Enter your PIN and then tap Next again. Now you are ready to browse and borrow.
See the article Getting Started with the Libby App on the OverDrive help site for more help.
Find more information about eBooks on the OverDrive Help page.