To ensure that Hamilton Public Library facilitates broad utilization of library collections and serves its customers in a fair and consistent manner. The borrowing policy outlines:
- The criteria for library membership in order to get a library card
- Customer confidentiality and the terms of the library card agreement
- Borrowing responsibilities of the library card holder and
- Borrowing privileges and loan periods
Key Points Summary
Summary: This policy defines who is eligible for a Library card and under what terms. A library card is not required to enter the library or use most resources within the library. Customers may choose to create a library card in-person at a library branch or online through the library website.
The Library issues the following types of cards:
- Discovery cards (Adult & Youth)
- Non-Resident card (Adult & Youth)
- Inspire card (Adult & Youth)
- Reciprocal Borrowing card
- Community card
Borrowing Responsibilities: Library card holders are responsible for materials they have borrowed. Returning items on time enables others to share the library’s collection and provides greater opportunities to browse items at the location. Fines may be charged for items that are returned late.
Borrowing Privileges: Loan periods vary based on the kind of materials borrowed and the type of library card. Borrowing privileges can be suspended under certain circumstances.
See the policy details here