Visit HPL’s Makerspace booking calendar to make an appointment.
Before your visit:
- You will need a HPL card to book an appointment. If you need a card, register for a free eCard online.
- Timelines for materials pickup may vary. HPL may not be able to do every request.
- Before submitting your project request, please read and review our Makerspace guidelines. Some guidelines may not currently apply.
- For a list of costs, see our Makerspace Price Guide.
- For a full list of equipment available, see our Makerspace Equipment List*. Please note not all Makerspace equipment is available for use, due to COVID-19 precautions.
- Same-day bookings are first-come, first-served.
- When staff contact you to confirm your job and its cost, advance payment is required. Payments can be deducted from an existing print balance on your HPL card when the job is confirmed. To add money to your HPL card please use HPL's SmartPay service.
- 3D Printing: Maximum of two 3D Print bookings per week. Each 3D Print project is a maximum of eight hours.
- Pick up 3D print items at Central, Red Hill, Terryberry or Turner Park. Please inform staff you are attending to pick up a Makerspace Takeout request.
- Pick up all other Makerspace projects (vinyl, posters, buttons) only at Central Library. Please inform staff you are attending to pick up a Makerspace Takeout request.
- Library members are not permitted to enter the Makerspace per provincial guidelines. Please check the COVID Updates Page for up-to-date information.
- Please read and review our Makerspace guidelines* prior to submitting your request.
*Some guidelines may not apply, due to COVID-19. For updates, check COVID Updates Page.
- Prices for materials are listed on our Makerspace Price Guide.
Central Makerspace Hours:
Tuesday - Friday 10:00am - 5:30pm
Saturday: 10:00am - 4:30pm